Dear LACP Friends,
I hope you and your families are safe and staying healthy.
The Los Angeles Center of Photography is physically closed during our current health crisis. All upcoming events are canceled, and all current classes have either been postponed or moved online. However, please know that we are still fully operational, so you can reach any of us during normal business hours.
Meanwhile its devoted staff is hard at work with the center’s scores of instructors to quickly develop the online distance education classes that have been a long planned enhancement to LACP’s educational program. Photographers of all stripes will want to keep on learning, engaging their minds and talents in trying times. Bill Broder, a leading light of LACP’s dynamic board of directors, as usual has the right and generous idea. Please contribute so that LACP can survive to thrive.
Ways that you can help:
1. Donate to LACP directly. Your generous donation will help LACP to continue to operate during this difficult time. No amount is too small or too big.
2. Become a Member of LACP for $95/year or just $10/month.
3. Consider upgrading your Membership to a Silver Level Membership. It costs just $155 more a year if you are already a Member, or $25/month. Contact us at email@example.com to upgrade your membership today.
4. Apply to our Creative Portrait exhibition, juried by Paul Kopeikin. The deadline is April 20th.
5. Buy a Gift Certificate for yourself or someone else. These never expire.
6. Take a Private Lesson, which can be done via skype, facetime or zoom.
7. Sign up for a Mentorship with one of our incredible Mentors.
8. Use Amazon Smile as every time you make a purchase, LACP gets 1% back.
9. If you are a Member, you can sell your photographs on Artsy. Contact Sarah@lacphoto.org for more information.
Socially distanced, photographically closer.
Julia Dean, executive director