A to Z Grant Writing with Linda Vallejo (Online Learning – Two Sessions)
- February 27, 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- February 28, 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Online Learning Class via Zoom
For emerging and established artists who want to advance their careers through fellowships and residency opportunities, this class will give artists the knowledge and tools to create a complete artist proposal package that will also be useful in many aspects of their career. We will go over the details of the package and engage in a meaningful conversation about how to write an artist statement and artist proposed project statement.
• Review workshop topics in a specifically designed Workshop Manual
• Study the elements of a complete proposal package including CV/resume, bio, artist statement, work samples, and budget
• Engage in a discussion about how to set artistic goals and create project plans for proposal packages
• Engage in a discussion about how to write an interesting and effective artist statement for proposal packages
• Study sample Artist Fellowship and Residency Application(s)
• Learn how proposal package elements can also advance opportunities for exhibition and publication
Participants will receive:
• A to Z Artist Workshop Manual
• Links to regional, state, national and international artist grants, fellowships, and residencies
• Sample Artist Fellowship Proposal Package
This course is strictly limited to 10 participants.
Students are strongly encouraged to enroll in the sequential class, Collaborating with Nonprofits.
NOTE: This class will also be offered in the evening, Wednesday and Thursdays, May 26-27, 6-8 pm PST.
“Linda gives massive amounts of information. There’s so much to choose from and she is always available for students. I think she’s a hologram or a transformer or something!”
“This instructor had a very good knowledge of the art of grant-writing and she was able to give us a lot of information about grant-writing. I specifically have what it takes to write a good artist statement to help one get a grant.”
“This workshop really opened my eyes to the grant writing process. I now feel much more prepared and confident that I can apply for grants. I also LOVED that Linda is an artist and speaks from that vantage point.”
“Linda was very professional, knowledgeable and funny. She answered questions thoroughly. I feel like I learned so much. I would like to take her class. I have been looking for a class like this and there is much need for this class.”
A link for the Zoom class meeting will be emailed to the attendees about one week prior to the start date. Please read the instructions included in the email. If you have additional questions please contact Kevin Weinstein or Janis McGavin at firstname.lastname@example.org.