Collaborating with Nonprofits with Linda Vallejo (Online Learning – Two Sessions)
- September 25, 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- September 26, 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Online Learning Class via Zoom
Learn how to collaborate with nonprofit organizations and institutions to raise the funds needed to present exhibitions, classes, and special projects. Artists will learn the steps nonprofit organizations use in applying for grants and how to become a “member of the team” to raise funds for new programs and projects. Artists will also learn how to communicate with and develop positive collaborative relationships with nonprofit organizations.
• Review nonprofit grant writing steps including:
– Researching for “good match” potential funders
– Organizing funder research
– The chronology of the grant writing process
– Communications with funding sources
– Elements of the complete proposal package
• Review sample Letters of Inquiry and Letter of Request
• Learn how to approach nonprofit organizations for collaborative exhibition and teaching opportunities
• Lean how an artist can affiliate with a like-minded organization and use its 501(C)3 nonprofit status to submit grants to potential funding sources.
• Q&Z about opportunities and possible projects
Participants will receive:
• Specially designed Workshop Manual with including all topics, samples, and tools
This course is strictly limited to 10 participants.
Linda Vallejo (https://lindavallejo.com/) consolidates multiple, international influences gained from a life of study and travel throughout Europe, the United States and Mexico to create works that investigate contemporary cultural and socio-political issues.
A link for the Zoom class meeting will be emailed to the attendees about one week prior to the start date. Please read the instructions included in the email. If you have additional questions please contact Kevin Weinstein or Janis McGavin at firstname.lastname@example.org.