Photo by Peter Bennett
Life in Focus: Organizing, Preserving and (most importantly) Enjoying Your Family Photo Collection with Peter Bennett (One session)
- April 27, 2019
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Preserving and organizing your photo collection is not something we simply do for the sake of being organized, who has time for that? Preserving your collection is a means to an end, to help bring your life into focus, to explore, enjoy and pass on your family’s history, and to make sure it is safe for years to come.
This class is designed to help you get started. We will go over some photo organizing basics, talk about available resources and provide some simple steps to help you begin managing and preserving your digital photos, prints and film.
• Photo organizing – Working with digital images – some basics; How to start organizing your collection;Photo cataloging software
• Editing – Tips for editing; Story telling
• Scanning and organizing older print collections – Scanning demo; How to organize and prepare prints for scanning; Do-it-yourself or send it out?
• Finding duplicates – Duplicate finding software; What to keep, what not to keep.
• How to keep your collection safe – Fires, floods and other disasters; Local back-up; Cloud back-up
• Best practices going forward – Keep editing, deleting photos of your kids isn’t the same thing as deleting your kids; Settings for your iPhone; Passing on your family archive; Don’t let technology keep you from enjoying your photos
We all need to learn better and smarter ways to take, edit and value our priceless photographs. This workshop is designed to help you get the information and confidence needed to manage and start enjoying your photos collections again.
Dates: Saturday, April 27, 10 am – 1 pm
Enrollment Limit: 50 students
Skill/Experience Level: Open to all levels.
Venue Phone: (323) 464-0909
Venue Website: https://lacphoto.org/Address: