Power Printing with Victor Ramos (One session)
- February 16, 2019
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
So you have finished a photo session and the images are in your camera’s memory card. Now you want to catalog, process and print them. This workshop will show you how.
In addition to giving you total control over how your image will be presented, printing your own images can also save you a great deal of money. In this one-day workshop, you will learn how to:
• Upload and catalog your images. We will discuss the Lightroom library & catalog structure, naming conventions to facilitate retrieval of your images and the Lightroom structures relationship to the Mac and Windows file structure.
• Apply keywords to images to find them later. We will discuss key wording strategies and how to manipulate keywords from Lightroom.
• Rate your images in various ways. Lightroom provides various ways to rate your images to help edit and choose images for further processing, distribution and printing (that is, to help you decide which are the best images)
• Use the basic Lightroom tools to build your vision of the final image. Lightroom comes with a set of powerful image editing tools and we will discuss how to use and apply them.
• When to use Photoshop and other editor plugins when Lightroom tools are not sufficient. Although the Lightroom editing tools are very powerful, there are limitations and sometimes Photoshop or a different editor plugin will help you build your vision faster and better.
• Print your image from Lightroom and Photoshop. We will learn how to print from both Lightroom and Photoshop using the LACP Lab printers.
Students will leave the workshop with at least one print of one of their images.
Each student will have their own workstation equipped with a 27″ iMac computer loaded with Photoshop CC and Lightroom Classic CC. Bamboo Pen & Touch digital tablets are available if needed. The Canon PRO-2000 will be used for output.
Dates: Saturday, February 16, 10 am – 6 pm
Enrollment Limit: 10 students
Skill/Experience Level: Experience working with Photoshop and Lightroom is helpful but not required. Students should be comfortable working with the Macintosh OS X operating system..
Tuition: $315 + $15 ink fee
Venue Phone: (323) 464-0909
Venue Website: https://lacphoto.org/Address: