Photo by Thomas Alleman, first place prize winner "Street Photography Around the World" exhibition 2020
STREET WEEK in LA – April 18-24, 2021
- STREET WEEK in LA - 2021
April 18, 2021 - April 24, 2021
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
STREET WEEK in LA – 2021
The Los Angeles Center of Photography is pleased to announce its Seventh Annual STREET WEEK in LA festival. What started over a weekend has now broadened to a week – STREET WEEK.
NOTE: Due to the pandemic, all festival events will be held virtually via Zoom application/software.
To purchase tickets please scroll to the bottom of this page
April 18-24, 2021
STREET WEEK includes:
* A “Call for Entries” for our annual “Street Photography Around the World” exhibition ($1,000 cash prize)
* Opening reception for “Street Photography Around the World” exhibition
* A tribute and honor to legendary street photographer Bruce Davidson
* Four days/evenings of presentations by inspiring street photographers in the US across the globe
* “History of Street Photography” presentation by Julia Dean, LACP’s Executive Director
* One webinar, “Street Photography: Past, Present and Future” taught by London-based photographer Nick Turpin
Sunday, April 18 (all times PST)
10:00 am – 11:00 am: Presentation by Eléonore Simon (from Chile)
11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Presentation by David Gibson (from London)
02:00 pm – 03:00 pm: Presentation by Kwasi Boyd-Bouldin (from Los Angeles)
03:30 pm – 04:30 pm: Presentation by Melissa O’Shaughnessy (from New York)
05:00 pm – 05:30 pm: Presentation by Mark Indig (Top Prize winner for Series of Work, 7th Annual Street Photography Around the World Exhibition (from Los Angeles)
Monday, April 19 (all times PST)
09:00 am – 10:00 am: Presentation by Julia Baier (from Berlin)
Wednesday, April 21 (all times PST)
09:00 am – 10:00 am: Presentation by Margarita Mavromichalis (from Greece)
05:00 pm – 06:00 pm: Presentation by Laurent Chevalier (from New York)
06:30 pm – 07:30 pm: Presentation by Brandon Ruffin (from Oakland)
Thursday, April 22
Saturday, April 24 (all times PST)
10:00 am – 11:30 am: Webinar “Street Photography: Past, Present and Future” taught by London-based street photographer Nick Turpin
01:00 pm – 02:00 pm: Presentation by Julia Dean, “History of Street Photography”
02:30 pm – 03:30 pm: Presentation by Ashley Tillery (from Virginia)
04:00 pm – 05:00 pm: Presentation by Julia Dean (from Los Angeles)
05:30 pm – 06:30 pm: Presentation by John Simmons (from Los Angeles)
Tuition and Admission
* All presentations (including History of Street Photography) can be purchased as a bundle for $20 Non-Members; FREE for Members.
* Nick Turpins’s webinar “Street Photography: Past, Present and Future” is $35 for Members; $45 for Non-Members. Click HERE to purchase tickets(s).
* Thursday night’s virtual opening night reception is FREE for all.
Not a LACP Member?
Click HERE to Join!