Photo by Peter Bennett
Taking Control of Your Lightroom Catalog with Peter Bennett (Online Learning – One Session)
- April 2, 2022
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Online Learning Class via Zoom
Tips, fixes, and settings to make your Lightroom life easier and more manageable.
Adobe Lightroom is the most popular photo editing and cataloging software available, and for good reason. It’s an all-in-one package that encompasses a robust and easy to use editing toolkit, as well as a Library module for organizing and cataloging your entire image collection.
The problem is we all love to take photos and work with them in Lightroom, but getting them organized in Lightroom can often take a back seat and we then often find ourselves with a big photo mess.
Peter Bennet works with a lot of private clients who repeatedly ask him to help untangle this mess. Common questions are:
1) How do I find all the unlinked and missing images in my catalog?
2) How do I deal with all the duplicates, triplicates, and more, in my library?
3) Can you show me how to import my images in a consistent and easy to understand way?
4) My images are all over the place, how can I get them all in one place?
To make our lives easier, Peter offers this practical three-hour class to a larger audience, addressing these questions and more. Topics covered include:
- A simple and and easy to understand explanation of exactly how Lightroom works with yourimages.
- How to find and re-link lost images.
- Setting up an import system that provides you with consistent and manageable results.
- Pulling back the curtain on Lightroom Catalog settings and preferences.
- DNG vs. Raw, which is better?
- Working faster, smarter, and more efficiently with your images.Understanding how Lightroom works and setting it up correctly from the start is so critical in avoiding these problems, but even if you don’t, it’s never too late to start doing things right. Having confidence in the way you work with Lightroom, and learning a few good practices can make all the difference, save you time, and helps you get back to taking pictures instead of trying to manage them.
Peter Bennett(https://www.citizenoftheplanet.com/) has been a successful travel and environmental photographer for over 25 years. From 1998 to 2014 he owned and ran Ambient Images, a photo agency specializing in New York, California and environmental imagery and represented the work of over thirty photographers including his own. In 2015 he formed Citizen of the Planet, LLC, devoted exclusively to the distribution of his stories and work that focus on environmental subjects such as fracking, drought, green construction, alternative energies, urban farming and water and air quality issues.
Date: Saturday, April 2, 9 am -12 pm PST
Enrollment limit: 40 students
Skill/Experience Level: Open to all levels
Tuition: $65 Non-Members; $55 Members
Venue: Online Learning Class
This course will be meeting online via Zoom. We encourage you to install and test the software on your device prior to the class.