The Artist’s Essential Toolkit with Linda Vallejo (Online Learning – Two Sessions)
- April 28, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- April 29, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Online Learning Class via Zoom
Learn how to create a “digital toolkit” presentation package aimed at expanding exhibition, press, and publication opportunities. Artists will learn how to use this toolkit coupled with a series of outreach and communication tools and tactics to successfully approach and develop working relationships with galleries, museums, curators, critics, and scholars.
• Study the elements of a complete artist presentation package including CV/resume, bio, artist statement, and work samples
• Engage in a discussion about how to set artistic goals and create an exhibition project plan
• Review a sample set of artist goals and exhibition project plan
• Engage in a discussion about how to write an interesting and effective artist statement
• Learn tools and tactics about how to use the artist digital toolkit to advance exhibition, press, and publication opportunities
• Learn tools and tactics about how to reach out, communicate with, and develop working relationships with gallerists, museum directors, curators, critics, and scholars.
Participants will receive:
• Specially designed Workshop Manual with including all topics, samples, and tools
This course is strictly limited to 10 participants.
Students are strongly encouraged to enroll in the sequential class, A to Z Grant Writing.
NOTE: This class will also be offered on the weekend, Saturday and Sunday, January 23-24, 9-11 am PST.
A link for the Zoom class meeting will be emailed to the attendees about one week prior to the start date. Please read the instructions included in the email. If you have additional questions please contact Kevin Weinstein or Janis McGavin at email@example.com.
Dates: Wednesday and Thursday, April 28-29, 6-8 pm PST
Enrollment Limit: 10 students
Skill/Experience Level: Open to visual, performing and literary artists of all levels
Venue: Online Learning Class
This course will be meeting online via Zoom. We encourage you to install and test the software on your device prior to the class.