The Artist’s Essential Toolkit with Linda Vallejo (Online Learning – Two Sessions)
- July 24, 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- July 25, 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Online Learning Class via Zoom
Learn how to create a “digital toolkit” presentation package aimed at expanding exhibition, press, and publication opportunities. Artists will learn how to use this toolkit coupled with a series of outreach and communication tools and tactics to successfully approach and develop working relationships with galleries, museums, curators, critics, and scholars.
• Study the elements of a complete artist presentation package including CV/resume, bio, artist statement, and work samples
• Engage in a discussion about how to set artistic goals and create an exhibition project plan
• Review a sample set of artist goals and exhibition project plan
• Engage in a discussion about how to write an interesting and effective artist statement
• Learn tools and tactics about how to use the artist digital toolkit to advance exhibition, press, and publication opportunities
• Learn tools and tactics about how to reach out, communicate with, and develop working relationships with gallerists, museum directors, curators, critics, and scholars.
Participants will receive:
• Specially designed Workshop Manual with including all topics, samples, and tools
This course is strictly limited to 10 participants.
Students are strongly encouraged to enroll in the sequential class, A to Z Grant Writing.
Linda Vallejo (https://lindavallejo.com/) consolidates multiple, international influences gained from a life of study and travel throughout Europe, the United States and Mexico to create works that investigate contemporary cultural and socio-political issues.
A link for the Zoom class meeting will be emailed to the attendees about one week prior to the start date. Please read the instructions included in the email. If you have additional questions please contact Kevin Weinstein or Janis McGavin at email@example.com.