The Six Steps to Making Perfect Inkjet Prints (Updated for 2023) with Eric Joseph (Online Learning – One session)
September 13, 2023
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tuition: FREE to LACP Members Only
FREE to LACP Members Only
Not a Member? Click HERE to join
Are you making the best prints possible on your Canon or Epson inkjet printer? Do your prints look like what is being displayed on your monitor? Do you really feel like you have control over your printing workflow?
Making beautiful, gallery/exhibition quality inkjet prints isn’t easy or intuitive. If it was everyone would be doing it and doing it well.
This class provides a comprehensive overview of the six steps you need to consider when setting yourself up for success for making perfect inkjet prints.
Topics covered include:
1. Recommendation on choosing the right monitor for editing still images for printing
2. Calibrating your monitor and why it is important
3. Choosing a paper that matches your unique artistic signature
4. How to select the right printer for your needs
5. The importance of using custom printer/paper profiles
6. Discussion of and recommendations for the quality of lighting conditions when viewing and evaluating your photographs
Recommended for photographers of all levels. All questions are welcome.
Class size is unlimited.
Eric Joseph is a photographer and Co-President / Chief Products Education, Sales & Support Officer at Freestyle Photographic Supplies. Eric graduated from California State University, Northridge with a B.A. in Art, Specializing in Photography. He began his career at Freestyle Photographic Supplies in 1986, where he worked his way up to his current position. Eric has traveled extensively across the United States performing workshops on fine art inkjet paper, color management and professional digital fine art printmaking. Speaking at colleges, universities, commercial labs, photo clubs, art centers, trade shows, events and professional photographic organizations, Eric teaches digital printmaking with an emphasis on empirical knowledge allowing people to make informed decisions about their digital output and how to obtain consistent, reliable, repeatable and controllable results.
- One Session
- Date: Wednesday, September 13, 10 am – 12 am PST
- Enrollment Limit: Unlimited
- Skill/Experience Level: Open to all levels
- Tuition: FREE to LACP Members Only
- Location: Online
A details email complete with the Zoom link will be sent to the attendees prior to the start date. Please read the instructions included in the email. If you have additional questions please email email@example.com.