Photo by Ibarionex Perello
Working the Streets: A Weekend of Street Photography with Ibarionex Perello (Two sessions)
- June 6, 2020
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- June 7, 2020
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
This intensive two-day course on street photography is designed for intermediate and experienced photographers. Using his decades of experience of photographing the streets, Ibarionex will walk students through the process of seeing and capturing great photographs while exploring the city. These skills will help each photographer develop his or her personal approach for street and travel photography.
The course will feature lectures, critiques and plenty of hands-on time photographing in the streets of Hollywood and Downtown Los Angeles.
The course will also cover:
• Core camera features and controls for quality photographs
• Developing an awareness of light and shadow
• Tips and techniques for creating clean and strong composition
• Increase familiarity with a variety of street photography images
• Becoming comfortable with photographing strangers
• Culling and editing photographs using Adobe Lightroom
• Increased understanding of how to evaluate photographs
Please bring five images (saved as JPEG) of your best work to the first class session. For both class sessions, please bring a laptop, card reader and USB memory stick.
LACP offers two wonderful opportunities each year to display street photography – 1) a “Street Shooting in Los Angeles” exhibition by participants in On the Streets in LA, and Working the Streets classes, as well as photographers in The Los Angeles Street Collective, and 2) a juried “Street Shooting Around the World” exhibition (usually programmed in February).
Students choosing to take part in the “Street Shooting in Los Angeles” exhibition will be asked to pay $25 each to help cover the expenses. This fee can be paid closer to the start of the exhibition.