Join Us for Our Fifth Annual Spring Open House!
Saturday, March 18, 10 am – 5 pm & Sunday, March 19, 10 am – 5 pm
Los Angeles Center of Photography, 1515 Wilcox Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90028
The Open House is all about community. It’s a time and place for all those interested in photography and the arts to come together and meet, socialize, learn, laugh and grow. Network with other artists, try your luck at some terrific raffle prizes, sell your used camera equipment, buy a print or two, meet vendors, take some classes and more! Whatever your pleasure may be, we encourage you to spend a weekend with us, invite your family and friends, and enjoy some good camaraderie, fellowship and fun!
Featuring on Saturday, March 18
(NOTE: This day is entirely FREE and open to the public. RSVP is not required.)
10 am – Doors Open
11 am – Screening of the Robert Frank documentary film Don’t Blink. RSVP your seat to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Seating limited to 60. Outside of that standing room only.)
12:45 pm – Short presentations/demonstrations by various vendors
2-5 pm – Portfolio and book walk featuring the work of LACP Members
Throughout the day:
• Auction fundraiser to support LACP (preview images here: https://lacphoto.org/gallery/images-up-for-auction-2017/)
• Used photo equipment for sale (printers, darkroom equipment and more)
• Rare collector photo books for sale (some signed by artist)
• Various organizational vendors including ASMP Los Angeles, APA Los Angeles, Freestyle, Blurb, KEH Camera, The Artist Corner, The Impossible Project and Photo Independent/Fabrik Media
• KEH Camera buying used photographic equipment
• Raffle prize drawings
• Pizza and salad served from 12:30-2 pm
• Wine and beer served from 2-5 pm
Featuring on Sunday, March 19
• 17 “mini” classes and seminars.
(NOTE: A one-day pass is $100 for Members; $200 for Non-Members. Individual classes are $20 for Members; $40 for Non-Members. Seating is limited. To purchase a one-day pass please click HERE. To purchase classes individually, please click the corresponding class links below.
1) “Portrait Studio Lighting” with Jennifer Emery
2) “Perfect Exposure” with Julia Dean
3) “Optimizing Your Images in Camera Raw Before using Photoshop” with Ed Freeman
1) “Custom White Balance” with Rollence Patugan
2) “The Singular Vision (Ways of Seeing)” with Andrew Southam
3) “Lightroom Slideshow Module: Show the World Your Talent” with Michael e. Stern
1) “Mastering the Core Features of Your Camera” with Ibarionex Perello
2) “Getting Known/Getting Shown: How to Get Your Photographs Out into the World” with Sarah Hadley
3) “How to Sequence and Design a Photo Book in Blurb” with Julia Dean
1) “How to Shoot Events” (And Making a Living)” with Kevin Weinstein
2) “Introduction to Instagram” with Kat Bawden
3) “Lightroom Develop Module: Breathing Life into RAW Files” with Michael e. Stern
A Time and Place for the Photo Community to Come Together.