Join us for our Seventh Annual Spring Open House!
March 16-17, 2019
A time and place for the photo community to come together.
The Open House is all about community. It’s a time and place for all those interested in photography and the arts to come together and meet, socialize, learn, laugh and grow. Network with other artists, have your portfolio reviewed by industry professionals, attend a free seminar, discover Open Show LA, learn about book-publishing, take classes and more! Whatever your pleasure may be, we encourage you to spend a weekend with us, invite your family and friends, and enjoy some good camaraderie, fellowship and fun!
Featuring on Saturday, March 16, 10 am – 4 pm*
NOTE: This day is entirely FREE and open to the public. RSVP is recommended.
• Portfolio reviews – TBA (Note: the reviews are at cost.)
• Kristine Schomaker seminar “Professional Development in the Digital Age”
• Open Show LA #51
• Book panel discussion. Panelists include Rohina Hoffman, Ibarionex Perello, Estevan Oriol and Jerome Brunet
• Complimentary juice, coffee and pastries in the morning
• Complimentary lunch in the afternoon
• One-Person show by Natahalie Seaver (in the evening)
• Raffle of photographs donated to LACP (in the evening)
9:00 am – Doors open (LACP will serve juice, coffee and pastries)
10:00 am – 1:00 pm – Portfolio reviews (TBA) (NOTE: The reviews will be at cost.)
10:00 am – 11:00 am – Kristine Schomaker seminar “Professional Development in the Digital Age”
11:30 am – 1:00 pm – Open Show LA #51
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Lunch break (LACP will serve pizza and salad)
2:30 pm – Book panel discussion. Panelists include Rohina Hoffman, Ibarionex Perello, Estevan Oriol and Jerome Brunet
4:00 pm – Closing*
*We encourage you to have some dinner in the local area and then return for:
5:30 pm 7:30 pm – Nathalie Seaver’s one-person show (First place prize winner for 2018 LACP Member Exhibition)
NOTE: Along with Nathalie’s work, LACP will be displaying and raffling off other photographs that have been donated to the organization.
Featuring on Sunday, March 17, 10 am – 5 pm
• 18 “mini” classes and seminars.
A “Sunday Class Pass” (attend any Spring Open House class Sunday, March 17th) can be purchased for $100 Members; $200 Non-Members. Please click HERE to purchase a Sunday Class Pass
Individual classes are $20 for Members; $40 for Non-Members. Seating is limited. To purchase classes individually, please click the corresponding class links below.
NOT A MEMBER? CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER!
10:00 am – 10:45 am:
1) Portraiture: An Artistic Journey with Ken Merfeld
2) Presenting Your Work to the Fine Art Market with Aline Smithson
3) Introduction to Adobe Lightroom Classic with Michael Pliskin
2:00 pm – 2:45 pm:
1) Street Photography Essentials with Ibarionex Perello
2) Moving Your Career Forward: Steps to Success with Sherrie Berger
3) Black & White Conversion using Lightroom with Rollence Patugan
3:00 pm – 3:45 pm:
1) How To Set A Custom White Balance For More Accurate Images with Rollence Patugan
2) What Sells and Where? with Sarah Hadley
3) Monitor Calibration: Why You Really Need to Calibrate Your Monitor and How To with Eric Joseph
RSVP for Saturday, March 16th: Select your FREE ticket(s) for Saturday, March 16th HERE.
Sunday Class Pass: Purchase your “Sunday Class Pass” for Sunday, March 17th HERE. For tickets on individual classes, please click the corresponding links above.
Parking: Nearby lot and metered parking available.Click here for parking map (PDF).