Join Us for Our Sixth Annual Spring Open House!
March 16-18, 2018
Los Angeles Center of Photography, 1515 Wilcox Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90028
The Spring Open House is all about community. It’s a time and place for all those interested in photography and the arts to come together and meet, socialize, learn, laugh and grow. Network with other artists, try your luck at some terrific raffle prizes, sell your used camera equipment, meet organizational vendors, take some classes and more! Whatever your pleasure may be, we encourage you to spend a weekend with us, invite your family and friends, and enjoy some good camaraderie, fellowship and fun!
Featuring on Friday, March 16, 10 am – 5 pm
NOTE: This day is entirely FREE and open to the public. RSVP is not required.
• KEH Camera buying used photographic equipment
KEH Camera, the world’s largest used camera dealer, is heading to Los Angeles on Friday, March 16, 10 am – 5 pm for a one-day buying event at the Los Angeles Center of Photography. This is a great opportunity to turn your clean, used camera gear into cash!
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to earn cash back on your used camera gear and equipment. (5% of proceeds to KEH Camera will go to support the non-profit Los Angeles Center of Photography.)
Featuring on Saturday, March 17, 10 am – 5 pm
NOTE: This day is entirely FREE (not including the two classes) and open to the public. RSVP is not required.
• “Photo Book Pre-Visualizaiton” with Douglas Stockdale ($20 for Members; $40 for Non-Members. Seating is limited.)
• “Self-Publishing for Photographers: Blurb Books” with Dan Milnor ($20 for Members; $40 for Non-Members. Seating is limited.)
• Various organizational vendors including ASMP Los Angeles, Hahnemuele, Freestyle, Blurb, The Artist Corner, and more!
• Panel discussion, “How to Get Your Book Published,” moderated by Douglas Stockdale. Panelists include Dan Milnor, Cat Gwynn, Mark Edward Harris and more (TBA).
• Portfolio and book walk featuring the work of LACP Members
• Raffle prize drawings. Click HERE for a full listing of available raffle prizes(TBA).
• Complimentary lunch (served from 1:30 – 2:30 pm)
• Complimentary wine and beer (served from 1:30-4:30 pm)
10 am: Doors Open
10:00 am – 5:00 pm: Organizational vendors available
10:15 am – 11:00 am “Photo Book Pre-Visualizaiton” with Douglas Stockdale
11:15 am – 12:00 pm: “Self-Publishing for Photographers: Blurb Books” with Dan Milnor
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Panel discussion, “How to Get Your Book Published,” moderated by Douglas Stockdale. Panelists include Dan Milnor, Cat Gwynn and more (TBA).
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Lunch provided by LACP
2:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Portfolio and book walk featuring the work of LACP Members
5:00 pm: The End
Featuring on Sunday, March 18, 10 am – 5 pm
• 17 “mini” classes and seminars.
(NOTE: A one-day pass is $100 for Members; $200 for Non-Members. Individual classes are $20 for Members; $40 for Non-Members. Seating is limited. To purchase a one-day pass for Sunday please click HERE. To purchase classes individually, please click the corresponding class links below.
1) “Street Photography Essentials” with Ibarionex Perello
2) “Moving Your Career Forward: Steps to Success for Photographers” with Sherrie Berger
3) “Black & White Conversion using Lightroom” with Rollence Patugan
A Time and Place for the Photo Community to Come Together.