The Commercial Certificate Program focuses on the concepts of lighting and portraiture. Students will study flash technology and the use of heavy strobe equipment, both in the studio and on location, before moving forward into the advanced “Fashion Photography” class. Seven courses (including two electives) are required to earn the certificate. (NOTE: Beginning students in photography should complete the General Course of Study certificate program first before enrolling in the Commercial certificate program.)
Step 1. Complete these four classes (in no particular order) before proceeding to Step 2:
1. Introduction to Studio Lighting
2. Introduction to Location Lighting
3. Crash Flash 1: On-Camera Flash
4. Crash Flash 2: Off-Camera Flash (Must complete “Crash Flash 1” before enrolling in this class.)
Step 2. Complete this class:
1. Fashion Photography
Complete any two classes of your choosing. (Limit of one “Special Guest” workshop. Travel workshops excluded.)
(Regular price for required classes = $2,360)
* Electives are NOT included in the tuition and must be paid for separately. Electives are priced at 25% off the regular tuition price.
Tuition includes automatic Bronze Level Membership to LACP.)
Tuition is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
To enroll in the Commercial Certificate Program, please pay the one-time candidacy fee of $250, then select the “Buy Now” button below and follow the prompts. Payment is required in full upon registration.
Please contact an administrator using the form below OR call 323-464-0909.