General Course of Study
This certificate is hybrid experience, meaning coursework will be completed in-person AND online.
The General Course of Study Certificate Program is designed for the beginning student with no experience. Six classes are required to earn the certificate. Students will learn how to effectively use their digital cameras as well as the basic concepts of photography. One composition class will provide students with an essential understanding of how to compose their images for maximum impact. Students will also learn the two most prominent softwares in the photo industry – Photoshop and Lightroom.
Complete these three classes listed below in order:
1. Basic Photography – Part 1 (offered twice per semester – in-person only)
2. Basic Photography – Part 2 (offered once per semester – in-person only)
3. Basic Photography – Part 3 (offered once per semester – in-person only)
Complete these three classes listed below, in no particular order:
1. Introduction to Adobe Lightroom Classic (offered once per semester – online only)
2. Introduction to Adobe Photoshop (offered once per semester – online only)
3. Composition 101: A Course in Photographic Design (offered once per semester – online only)
Tuition – Online
(Regular price for required classes = $2,985)
Tuition includes automatic Bronze Level Membership to LACP.
Tuition is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
To enroll in the General Course of Study Certificate Program, please pay the one-time candidacy fee of $250, then select the “Buy Now” button below and follow the prompts. Payment is required in full upon registration.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 323-464-0909.