General Course of Study
This certificate is a hybrid experience, coursework will be completed in-person AND online.
The General Course of Study Certificate Program is designed for the beginning student with no experience. Five classes are required to earn the certificate. Students will learn how to effectively use their digital cameras as well as the basic concepts of photography. One composition class will provide students with an essential understanding of how to compose their images for maximum impact. Students will also learn the two most prominent softwares in the photo industry – Photoshop and Lightroom.
This certificate is required before moving forward to either the Fine Art, Creative Thinking, and Writing or Lighting & Portraiture certificates programs (or equivalent experience).
Step 1. Complete this one class listed below:
- Basic Photography (offered twice per semester / in-person or online)
Step 2. Complete these four classes listed below, in no particular order:
- Introduction to Adobe Lightroom Classic (offered once per semester / online only)
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop (offered once per semester / online only)
- The Fine Art of Digital Printmaking with Eric Joseph (offered once per semester / in-person only)
- The Photographer’s Eye with Thomas Alleman (offered once per semester / hybrid class)
(Regular price for required classes = $2,595
Tuition includes automatic Individual Level Membership to LACP.)
How do I apply for classes retroactively?
How do I enroll?
What is the refund policy?
How much does it cost?
Who do I contact with questions about this program?