Last Updated December 16, 2022
- Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure
- Personal Information Retention Period
- Children Under 13 Years of Age
- Your Choices Regarding Personal Information
- European/UK-Specific Information
- Transfers of Personal Information
- Information Security
- Contact Us
Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure
Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information when you use the Website, Services, or otherwise interact with us:
- Identification Information. Information such as your name, birthdate, gender identity, and ethnicity.
- Contact Information. Information such as your email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Application Information. Volunteers and job applicants may also submit personal information to us through the Website when applying to work with LACP. For volunteers and applicants, we may collect the following information: name, address, email address, phone number, birthdate, age, URLs, education information, employment information, social media account handles, confirmation of ability to work in the U.S., confirmation of their requirement for a visa, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, medical information, financial information, veteran status, familial status, information related to personal references, and other information those individuals provide to us as part of their applications.
- Device and Website Usage Information. We also may collect certain information automatically about the computers and other devices you use when accessing the Website, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, de-identified web browser information, internet service provider (ISP) data, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, location, click data, a unique identifier associated with your browser or device, and how you use the Website, including as collected by cookies and similar technologies. A cookie is a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Website. You can control and manage cookies in various ways, including declining cookies. Please see the below “Your Choices Regarding Personal Information” section for additional information on how to opt out of cookies.
In addition to the above categories, you may otherwise choose to provide us with additional pieces of personal information, such as when you attend an event, subscribe to our newsletter, apply for a membership or a program, or submit an application for employment. The specific pieces of personal information that LACP collects depend on the Services you have or use with us. If you choose to submit any personal information relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
We may also collect the following categories of information when you donate:
- Financial Information. Information such as your credit card number, expiration date, CVC code, and billing address.
- Other Information. We may also collect education information, employment information, and any other information that you provide to us while making a Donation or is necessary to complete the Donation.
- Information From Third-Parties. We may also use third-party sources to collect information about donors.
How We Use Information
We may use and/or process the personal information we collect for the following purposes when you use the Website, Services, or otherwise interact with us:
- Providing Services to You. We use your personal information principally to provide the Website and our Services, and fulfill your requests, such as when you request information.
- Improving Our Services. We may also use your personal information to improve our Services.
- Communicating with You. We may use your personal information to communicate with you, including in response to your inquiries as necessary. For example, you may receive an initial email after you sign up for emails on the Website. You may unsubscribe from the mailing list in order to stop receiving such announcements and newsletters.
- Research and Innovation. We may use personal information internally for research and analysis, but we will never disclose your personal information publicly for this purpose, unless you authorize such disclosure.
- Staffing Decisions. For applicants, volunteers, and employees, we use their personal information to make staffing decisions, as appropriate and as permitted by applicable laws.
- Marketing, Advertising, and Analytics Partners. To send you advertising, including updates on our Services, and other promotional materials. We conduct promotional campaigns by email. We use Google Analytics to keep track of user interaction with the Website in order to better understand and optimize web usage, obtain business and market research, measure conversion tracking, and optimize the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We may also work with other partners for analytics and advertising purposes.
We may also use and/or process the personal information we collect for the following purposes when you donate:
- Processing Your Donation. We use your personal information to process your Donation, and to send you communications related to your Donation.
- Communicating with You. We may also use your personal information to send you information about LACP, fundraising solicitations, and to otherwise communicate with you. You may voluntarily remove your name and/or contact information from our own internal marketing and communication lists (i.e., “opt out”) by contacting us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not send you charitable solicitations from outside entities on their behalf.
Please refer to the EU/UK information section below for more information regarding applicable legal bases, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”).
With Whom We Disclose Information
LACP does not sell your personal information. We may disclose personal information we collect to the following categories of third parties when you use the Website, Services, or otherwise interact with us:
- Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform services on our behalf, including administering announcements and newsletters. These service providers can access personal information, subject to contractual requirements prohibiting them from using personal information for any purpose other than to provide services to use or as required by law.
We may also disclose the personal information we collect for the following purposes when you donate:
- Annual Report and Gallery Wall. We may identify you by name as a donor in our annual report and other public documents, including on our Gallery Wall. You may choose to have gifts listed in public as “anonymous” by contacting us in writing at email@example.com or by marking “anonymous” at the time of your Donation. You must request removal if you do not want your name to potentially appear in public as a supporter, and in limited circumstances we may need to disclose your name if required by law.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We do not respond to DNT signals.
Personal Information Retention Period
Upon expiry of the applicable Personal Information retention period, we will erase or anonymize the relevant Personal Information.
Children Under 13 Years of Age
Your Choices Regarding Personal Information
You have certain choices concerning our collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. For example, if you have requested marketing email communications from us (e.g., LACP news) but do not wish to receive further information, you may “opt out” of receiving these by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
You may opt out of cookies and other trackers using our cookie preference center, available here.
Certain laws enable individuals to request information concerning whether their data has been disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Please refer to this section if the GDPR or the UK GDPR applies to you.
Legal Bases for Processing
When the GDPR or the UK GDPR applies, we rely on the following legal bases when we process your Personal Information:
- Contractual Necessity. We may process your Personal Information for the management of our relationship on the basis of the contract between LACP and you in order to provide you with our Services and communicate with you.
- Legitimate Interest. We may process your Personal Information based on our legitimate interests, including for sending you communications regarding our Services similar to the ones for which you are already a member or participant, and migrating your environment, including your Personal Information, to another legal entity.
- Legal Obligations. We process your Personal Information to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject (see Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure).
When the GDPR or the UK GDPR applies, you have various rights in relation to the processing of your Personal Information, depending on the relevant situation:
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Correct inaccurate Personal Information;
- Delete any of your Personal Information;
- Restrict processing of your Personal Information;
- Receive your Personal Information provided to us, in an interoperable format (data portability);
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information on grounds relating to your particular situation.
In any case, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Transfers of Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining your confidence and trust, and we take security measures to protect your personal information. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting information over the internet. Despite all of LACP’s security procedures, the internet is not a perfectly secure environment, and LACP cannot guarantee protection from intruders or interceptors. You further agree to use our Website and submit information at your own risk. You agree that LACP has no liability regarding unauthorized access to our Website.
Los Angeles Center of Photography
P.O. Box 46310
Los Angeles, CA 90046