Lighting & Portraiture Certificate
This certificate must be completed in-person.
The Lighting & Portraiture Certificate Program focuses on the technical and creative aspects of using artificial and natural light. Students will study flash technology and the use of strobe equipment, both in the studio and on location. Students will work with models for many of the classes. Seven classes (including two electives) are required to earn the certificate. (NOTE: Beginning students in photography should complete the General Course of Study certificate program first before enrolling in the Commercial certificate program.)
Step 1. Complete these two classes in order:
1. Introduction to Studio Lighting – Part 1 (offered twice each year in Spring and Fall quarters)
2. Introduction to Studio Lighting – Part 2 (offered twice each year in Spring and Fall quarters)
Step 2. Complete these three classes in no particular order (NOTE: These three classes can be completed at any time during the certificate)
1. Portrait Studio Lighting (offered twice each year in Spring and Fall quarters)
2. Mastering Your Flash (offered twice each year in Winter and Summer quarters)
3. Lighting without Lights: Naturalistic Lighting (offered twice each year in Winter and Summer quarters)
Complete any two classes of your choosing. (“Special Guest/Master Photographer” workshops and travel workshops excluded.)
(Regular price for required classes and elective classes approximately = $3,710)
Tuition includes automatic Bronze Level Membership to LACP.)
Tuition is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
To enroll in the Commercial Certificate Program, please pay the one-time candidacy fee of $250, then select the “Buy Now” button below and follow the prompts. Payment is required in full upon registration.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call323-464-0909.