Lighting & Portraiture Certificate
The Lighting & Portraiture Certificate Program focuses on the technical and creative aspects of using artificial and natural light. Students will study flash technology and the use of strobe equipment, both in the studio and on location. Students will work with models for many of the classes. Seven classes (including two electives) are required to earn the certificate. (NOTE: Beginning students in photography should complete the General Course of Study certificate program first before enrolling in the Commercial certificate program.)
Step 1. Complete these four classes (in no particular order) before proceeding to Step 2:
1. Introduction to Studio Lighting (offered in Spring and Fall)
2. Lighting on Location (offered in Spring and Fall)
3. Mastering Your Flash (offering in Spring and Fall)
4. Portrait Studio Lighting (offered Spring and Fall)
Step 2. Complete this class:
1. Fashion Photography (offered once per year in Fall or Winter)
Complete any two classes of your choosing. (Limit of one “Special Guest” workshop. Travel workshops excluded.)
(Regular price for required classes = $2,585)
* Electives are NOT included in the tuition and must be paid for separately. Electives are priced at 25% off the regular tuition price.
Tuition includes automatic Bronze Level Membership to LACP.)
Tuition is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
To enroll in the Commercial Certificate Program, please pay the one-time candidacy fee of $250, then select the “Buy Now” button below and follow the prompts. Payment is required in full upon registration.
Please contact an administrator using the form below OR call 323-464-0909.